Friday, June 18, 2010

Flashback ... 'Sweet Valley High'

I'm going to be featuring different television shows from the early days every week now. First up is one of my old  favourite's 'Sweet Valley High'. The show ran from 1994 to 1997 and lasted four seasons. The show is based on the famous book series and follows the lives of the Wakefield twins and their group of friends. 

 

Stand out episodes include the kidnap episodes [three times - seriously lock your doors] , the Halloween episode and Elizabeth's coma! Those girls dont have it easy and you would think with all this going on,their parents would visit at least once!  Myself and my sister would watch this show every day and were hooked. I haven't seen an episode until recently,and well . . alot has changed. 


The acing is pretty dire, the storyline's are pretty dramatic and I found myself laughing at the sad and dramatic points of the show. This said, there is a huge nostaligia to watching it back and it is pretty entertaining. The box set can be bought on amazon.com and most of the first season is up on youtube for you to watch.