Monday, May 10, 2010

Katy Perry - California Gurls


My favourite girl crush Katy Perry premiered her new single,'California Gurls' today on her official site.I was only halfway through the track when I noticed that it sounds like a poor man's version of Ke$ha's,'Tik Tok'. I have to say Im a bit dissapointed,the track is good and will no doubt go down well on the radio for summer.But after stealing the show in tracks with 30H!3 and Timbaland,I was expecting a huge floor filler with killer hooks and beats and instead I got a mid tempo slightly lazy summer track featuring Snoop Dogg? Katy is known for being quirky and original yet here she seems to follow the pack istead of leading it.Its a grower and its going to do well but hopefully the album the next single will do something more for me and her originality will shine through.


One good thing tho . . . how hot is the cover and her fantastic blue hair?

Check the song out now :http://www.katyperry.com/