Monday, February 7, 2011

Announcement & Candy Land


Its been a hectic few weeks around here. I've been booking shows and filming some very exciting things for both myself and my alter ego 'Candy Warhol'. 

One thing that I am most excited about and can now reveal is that Candy Warhol is officially going to appear in 'Miss Alternative Ireland'! I have been wanting to enter this since I was fourteen and I have now been offered the chance - to say I am humbled and excited is an understatement!

For those who are not familiar with the show, 'Alternative Miss Ireland (AMI)' is a huge show in Ireland - a deranged beauty pageant for alter egos and characters with the profits going to HIV charities. The show is dubbed 'Gay Christmas' and is what everyone in the LGBT and beyond looks forward to! 8 contestants - 3 rounds with strange and fantastic acts,music,dances,sets etc. Everything is hush hush for now but come March 13th thousands will see what Candy Warhol is preparing!

On Thursday the 24th I am hosting 'Candy Land' a special fundraiser in ThirtyOne Thomas Street , Limerick. The night is held un an underground club with extreme fashion as the dress code - I shall be DJ'ing and there will be guest performers and surprises on the night!

An official site for Candy Warhol is in the making and launching very soon! There you will see designs, diaries and videos about upcoming shows and prepartions for AMI.