Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pink Looks Glitter In The Air

Pink Looks Glitter In The AirIf you found yourself getting dizzy watching Pink's astonishing aerial acrobatics on Sunday night's 2010 Grammy Awards, you weren't alone.

The singer herself was a bit disoriented by the end.

"When I do it [on tour], I don't have lights above me," she said of the act, in which she spins from silk drapes while suspended in the air. "Tonight, there were lights above me, so it almost went into a strobe thing, and I actually did get a little turned around."

As she was lowered to the ground, "I thought … I was going to fall on my nude butt," she admitted. "But I worked it out."

As if the acrobatics weren't impressive enough, the 30-year-old singer also belted out "Glitter in the Air" from her album Funhouse while in full spin. "I would say that no one ever has another excuse to lip sync," she joked.

Pink – nominated for best female pop vocal performance (for "Sober") and best pop vocal album (for Funhouse) – was accompanied to the show by husband Carey Hart. Asked if the pair – who split for a time but reconciled – were planning to renew their vows, she joked: "We never really got divorced. We really hate paperwork."

On a more serious note, she added: "Everything is really wonderful. It's full circle. My muse for my nominations is here tonight, and it's pretty funny. He's hot."

acrobatic in Grammy Awards 2010



another picture of Pink with a performance on stage